What Should Be Considered When Choosing Parquet?
While even the decorative items you use to beautify your home contribute to home decoration, the parquet found in the places that appear when decorating the floor with carpets or rugs occupy an important place in home decoration.
Parquet Type Selection
In addition to the parquet model color selection, the material and production material of the parquet is also of great importance. Because the parquets affect the environment in the home, you should pay special attention to the materials in the parquet.
For this, let’s get to know the parquet types first;
Laminated parquet consists of 3 layers; It is a ready-polished original wood in the top layer and it is produced from the highest quality and hardest woods and is resistant to crushing and scratches. The middle layer is the layer that provides the parquet’s balance and resistance to mobility. The lowest layer is the carrier layer in one piece consisting of soft trees. Layers are placed opposite to each other. Laminated parquet is a quality long-lasting natural flooring material that you can use for years. With this feature laminated flooring price , laminate is higher than the hardwood.
What is Laminated Parquet Strip ?
- Single Strip Flooring: Single strip laminated flooring has the appearance of a single piece of parquet in the long direction of a parquet flooring element. Its price is more expensive than two strip parquet.
- Two Strip Flooring : Two strips of laminated parquet, a parquet floor element in the long direction of two pieces of hardwood image vardır.fiyat a single strip cheaper than laminated flooring, three strips are more expensive than laminate flooring.
- Three Strip Parquets: Three strips of laminated parquet, a parquet flooring element have three pieces of parquet in the long direction. Its price is cheaper than one and two strips of parquet.
The flooring, which is divided into various strip groups as a model , is also different from each other in terms of usability. If you shop considering the features of the space you will choose a parquet model ; You will have provided the ideal parquet model for yourself in a short time. By doing research on this subject, you can find a parquet model suitable for your home in a short time and obtain it with reasonable price options.
Laminate flooring is produced by pressing with artificial resin wood patterned papers. The reason for the birth of laminate flooring is to reduce the consumption of trees, billions of trees have been consumed in this way since human existence. Laminate flooring is a material that does not aim to consume trees in nature. Laminate flooring consists of 4 layers; 1st layer; Transparent and abrasion resistant, visible at the top, 2nd Layer; gives the design, color and feel of wood, 3rd layer; it is moisture and moisture resistant and hdf filled plate section. The 4th layer is; It is the lowest layer and the balancing flexible layer. For those who want to get stylish look without straining the budget is an ideal choice opportunity is created.
Laminate Flooring Classes;
It has three types as 31,32 and 33rd Class. As the number increases, the durability and durability of the parquet increases.
- 31st Class Flooring: Resistant to a little more human density than the 21st and 22nd class. For example ; Corridor, Kitchen, Hall etc.
- Class Flooring: It is used in places with high human density. For example; Office
- 33th Class Flooring: It is used in places where there is a lot of human density. For example; Hospitals, Shopping Centers
Laminate Flooring Abrasion Classes;
In addition to the parquet classes, there are also wear classes belonging to the parquet. Abrasion classes are grouped as AC3, AC4, AC5, AC6. These groups symbolize the durability of the parquet. They are symbols indicated by parquet boards whose abrasion value has been subjected to certain controls.
It is completely natural and made from a single tree. Installation time and maintenance is long and troublesome compared to other parquets. But solid parquet is very durable and long-lasting. It is the most durable parquet type. Solid parquet and laminated parquet are almost the same thickness. For this reason, if solid parquet is difficult to budget, laminated parquet can also be preferred.
It can be preferred in bathrooms and kitchens for those who cannot give up parquet. Since these parquets are made of plastic material, they are 100% waterproof. It is suitable for use in kitchens and bathrooms.
What is the Difference Between Laminate Flooring and Laminated Flooring?
- The most important difference between Laminate flooring and Laminated flooring is their price. Laminated flooring is more expensive than Laminate flooring.
- Laminated parquets are natural parquets. Laminate flooring uses derivatives of natural materials.
- Laminated parquets are produced from 100% natural wood. Laminate flooring is a resin-impregnated paper printing on compressed sawdust . There is not much difference visually. However, the two types of parquet contain many structural differences.
- There can be a striking difference visually between laminated flooring and laminate flooring. When customers know the differences between the two flooring models, they can choose according to their needs. Conscious customers have the opportunity to choose different decor options by decorating their home as they wish.
- When laminated flooring is examined structurally, it can reveal the differences that exist with laminate flooring. Besides these; It can trap the loud sound in it, trap more heat in its location and add a more harmonious appearance while decorating.
- Laminated floors are longer lasting than laminate floors.
Laminated parquets and laminate parquets, which we compare in general terms and reveal their differences , are 2 ideal parquet types that can be preferred for your needs. If costing is not a problem for you and you are fond of your taste, you can choose laminated flooring. But if you are looking for different economically, laminate flooring will appeal to you more. You can clarify your preferences by examining the parquet models. Both parquet models are suitable for the home.
What are the Points to Consider in Parquet Selection?
- Since the parquets you prefer to make your home beautiful and useful are exposed to long-term use, you should pay attention to some criteria while choosing the parquet .
- Since the thickness of the parquets vary, it will be the right choice to choose parquets with 8 mm thickness when choosing among parquet models.
- Since some of the parquets are scratched quickly, leave traces and get dirty quickly, the properties should be learned and preference should be made in order not to have any problems with use.
- While choosing the parquet, the choice of color is important for the appearance of the house as well as the usefulness and quality of the parquet. If you want your home to look natural, while choosing parquet in brown tones; If you want a cooler and more flashy environment, we recommend you to choose gray tones. In addition, if you do not want negativities such as dirt and stains to appear on your floor, the parquet color you should choose is dark tones.
- Another element that makes your parquets look more stylish is the skirting boards. For this reason, choosing skirtings that will be compatible with the parquet in terms of completing the elegance will make your parquet look more beautiful and help your home look more spacious and decent.
How to Remove Parquet?
- Even if you think that if the renovation is going to be done in the house, it will force you, you can do some renovation work on your house yourself, if you have manual skills without the need for a master. If you are wondering how to install the parquet after choosing the parquet, we will give information about the subject in our article ; however, if you already have parquet on your floor, you need to know how to remove the parquet.
- Before starting the parquet removal process, you need to remove the skirtings where the walls meet the floor and protect the integrity of the parquets at the door entrances. In order to remove the baseboards, it will be enough to insert a spatula under the baseboards and move them to the right or left.
- If there are parts fixed with screws in the lower part of the entrance part of the skirting, you can easily remove the screws thanks to the cordless screwdriver.
- After removing the skirtings, you can start the parquet removal process from the door entrances.
How to Make Parquet Floor?
- If you have parquet on the floor of your house and you have removed the parquet, it is easier than you think to bring your floor to new parquet. It is only important to be able to follow the correct sequence of processes when laying parquet .
- Deciding how to place the parquets is the first step in parquet flooring. If you do not have a square room and want your room to appear wider, place the parquet towards the wide part of the room when placing the parquet.
- Against the parquet size change that may occur due to temperature change, use a 10 mm parquet wedge to place it on the room walls, so that the parquet can be stuck.
- During parquet flooring , you may need to cut the parquet due to the size of the area. In this case, you will arrange the parquets one on the other, divide the size of the room by the length of the parquets and find out the amount you will cut for the last row . But if you are going to lay the parquets side by side, you need to divide the size of the room across the parquet to make the calculation.
- In order to prevent the joints of the parquets from one another and to prevent visual pollution, when you go to the lower row during parquet flooring, make sure that the joint is towards the middle of the other parquet.
- After the parquet installation is done, you can install the baseboards.